Scientist at Lawson Health Research Institute
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada and Canadian Academy of Health Sciences.
- BSc Honours, Glasgow University; PhD Massey University; Executive MBA, Monash University.
- Recipient of Western University’s highest awards – Hellmuth Prize and Distinguished University Professor.
- Honorary Doctorate, Orebro University, Sweden.
- Distinguished Alumni award, Massey University.
- Canadian Society for Microbiologists lifetime award
- Published 563 peer-reviewed papers, 29 patents.
- Google Scholar H108 index; over 39,621 citations.
- Given 660 talks in 54 countries.
- Published 2 novels.
- Featured widely in media – including BBC, CBC, CNN, CTV, NPR, Wall Street Journal, NY Times, Scientific American, Science and Nature Medicine.
- Retired from Western University, July 1st, 2020. Currently, Scientist at Lawson Health Research Institute, London Ontario.